Monday, January 23, 2012

Snoopy


Last week, I had the pleasure of making this Snoopy cake for my daughter's friend, Sarah, who turned 5 on Friday. Happy birthday Sarah! Her mom, Carrie, is a fellow caker, so this was fun! Carrie sent me a picture of a cake that Sarah liked and I made it come to life, with just a few tweaks to clean up the design.

Snoopy is molded from rice krispy treats then covered in fondant. His ears, nose, eyes, and arms are also fondant. His collar and the Woodstocks are made from modelling chocolate. The details on Woodstock were done with an edible black marker.

The cake itself was chocolate with milk chocolate ganache (the bottom tier) and white (vanilla) with milk chocolate ganache (the top tier). Yum!

What a pleasure it is to make this cake for Sarah and her family! I hear they enjoyed it. That is, pardon the pun, the icing on the cake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment