Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sweet Little Bridal Shower Cake

Hello and welcome!

Back at Easter of this year, I had the opportunity to meet a wonderful woman, a friend of a friend, who wanted a cake to celebrate her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Cheryle was so sweet and I am happy to now call her a friend too!

One of the bride's favorite colors is Tiffany blue. This also happens to be one of my favorites, so I was excited to design a cake with that color. You will recognize it as almost the exact color of the little blue cake I last posted here on the blog.

I began the design with a copy of the invitation. It was simple and elegant, naturally lending itself to a simple and pretty design with strips of Tiffany blue fondant and some sparkly accents.

Take a look!


The flower is my favorite part.


Though not edible, the little jewel in the center was perfect for this flower and this cake! I adore how it turned out.

I absolutely love the way the Tiffany blue strips are highlighted against the simple white background. The little jewel accents were a perfect match to the invitations and set everything off so well!

The cake itself, I'm told, was to die for. I'm so happy when the flavors of my cakes get as high of reviews as the decoration! I truly do try hard to achieve excellence in both! The bottom tier was dark chocolate with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream filling, covered in dark chocolate ganache and fondant. The top tier was vanilla cake with raspberry Swiss meringue buttercream filling, covered in white chocolate ganache and fondant. Doesn't that sound delicious? My mouth is watering right now...

I hope you enjoyed this look at this cake. Cheryle, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment