Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Flower Birthday Cake



My friend's little girl, Kyla, just celebrated her 4th birthday last week! She is the sweetest little thing and I hope that she just loved this cake I made especially for her!

The cake is dark chocolate with cream cheese Swiss meringue buttercream filling. So good! I covered the cake with milk chocolate ganache before covering it with fondant. The flowers and vines are fondant. Bright pink and purple are Kyla's favorite colors. I added the green vines as an accent and put some sparkling sugar on for some shine and sparkle. What little girl doesn't like sparkly shiny things? I also added some white dragees (little sugar balls) as the flower centers and as accents.

Happy birthday Kyla!!


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty!! I love all the big flowers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete