Wednesday, July 6, 2011
I made my first sculpted cake this week - a clutch purse cake. I am really pleased with how it turned out! The sculpting was both harder and easier than I expected. I had a hard time getting the sides even with each other, so if you look closely, you can see that. I learned a lot about how to sculpt, plan it out, etc! It was a lot of fun and I know I'll be trying more sculpted cakes in the future!
I also really love the flower on this cake. I've seen (and made) folded fabric flowers and wanted to replicate it on a cake. So, I tried it and it worked! I was so excited to see the finished flower and how it came together!
Sorry for that long explanation! It is harder to explain these things without pictures than I thought! Next time, I will try to take progress pics of the flower so you can see it.
Here are a couple of pics of the cake in progress.
I hope you enjoyed my purse cake! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!