Monday, January 21, 2013

Ornaments


I know Christmas is over now, but I wanted to share with you this Christmas ornament-inspired cake that I did over the holidays. It was a very special cake, made to celebrate the birthday of a very special person: kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Spence.

My son was in Mrs. Spence's class last year and my daughter is in her class this year. We love her! This year, the parents discovered that her birthday is the day before Christmas, so we planned to surprise her with a cake at the kids' holiday party.

It worked and she was very surprised! Yay!


Everyone loved the little sparkly fondant ornaments, berries and leaves. The one that looks plain white was actually sparkly, too, but it didn't show up as well in the photo. I love how everything looks against the chocolate ganache background. Simple. Beautiful. And tasty!


Thank you, Mrs. Spence, for giving my kids such a wonderful time in kindergarten! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment