Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thirty-One

Wow - long time since my last post! I really need to get in the groove a little more.

Well, here is a project I did a couple of months ago and didn't get a chance to share until now. I had the opportunity to make a batch of cupcakes with fondant toppers for a great group of women from the company Thirty-One.


I handmade each of these toppers from various colors of fondant. Some were cut freehand with an exacto knife and others were stamped and cut with rectangle and round cookie cutters. I use stamps made for scrapbooking. They work great on fondant! But if you do this, make sure you use new, clean stamps that have never been used with ink. You can also stamp on fondant using "ink" made with a mix of food color and vodka or lemon juice.

Here are some of the toppers before they made it to the cupcakes.



And the cupcakes....


Don't they look good? They are dark chocolate with vanilla bean frosting. Yum!


Thanks for stopping by! I have another big project this week and can't wait to share it with you all!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kristen,

    I'm a freelance journalist for the Beacon News. I do the Blog Log each week, where we feature a blog in the Fox Valley area and the writer of the blog. Your blog caught my attention and I think it would be a great fit for the newspaper. If you're interested, I'd like to send you some questions that you can answer at your earliest convenience. joydavis234@gmail.com

    Thanks,
    Joy Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joy, for thinking of me. I would love to participate and just sent you an email.
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete